Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday. Mckenzie bridge to Eugene 58 miles. A very pleasant easy ride dropping about a thousand feet over 58 miles was easy pedaling making it possible to cruise at about 15 m.p.h. we followed the mckenzie river the whole way. Rode into Eugene and past the university of Oregon. I have my own room in a very nice and clean motel. As much as I’ve grown to enjoy the cocoon feeling in my tent, it’s nice to be able to spread out a bit. Brewpub for dinner and only 38 miles tomorrow so there may be some sleeping in tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Joe, my husband and I have followed your trip with interest and envy. Thanks for providing a thoughtful overview of your adventures as well as new insights about the small towns and generous people who make up the heart of our country. We've enjoyed it all. Safe trip home!

    A cousin of Jerry K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for us the suspense is building; for you it still seems like business as usual. great discipline! david and ann

    ReplyDelete